Birthday parties at the Wildlife Rescue Center are lots of fun, naturally! Parties include a behind-the-scenes peek at our wildlife rehabilitation facility, outdoor exploration on our private
nature trail, and a meet-and-greet with one of our education animal ambassadors. Party-goers can create unique nature crafts or enrichment items to keep our animal patients entertained. We have a
special gift for the birthday guest of honor and each guest gets a wildlife cupcake! It's the perfect day for young naturalists!
The Wildlife Rescue Center is located in a natural area nestled between Castlewood State Park and Department of Natural Resources land. The close proximity to the Meramec River brings a variety of
species to our property including beavers, river otters, waterfowl, shore birds, and more. Party guests will have the chance to explore Center grounds to look for mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians,
and the signs they leave behind. During the tour of the rehabilitation facility, party guests will learn all about the variety of wild animals that receive treatment at the Wildlife Rescue Center and
gain a new perspective on the secret lives of our wild neighbors.
Program participants must be of Kindergarten age or higher.
For younger children, please consider our Family Events.
A two hour party directed by education staff for up to 20 children and 15 adults
- A tour of the Wildlife Rescue Center
- An outdoor adventure on our nature trail OR indoor games celebrating wildlife
- A nature inspired art project to take home OR a project creating items for our wild patients (e.g. enrichment, baby animal cozies, etc.)
- A visit from an ambassador reptile resident OR a meet-and-greet with one of our domestic rabbits
- One animal themed cupcake for each child
- Environmentally friendly decorations and party ware
- A gift for the birthday child
- Wildlife Rescue Center birthday invitations to print and personalize at home
- Upgrade your party package to include Eco Goodie Bags at $5 for each bag
(please inquire for current contents)
Please check the Education Calendar for program windows that are currently open. On the calendar, click on "Available".
Dates not listed may have conditional availability, on request.
To book a birthday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
- A contact name, phone number, and mailing address
- Date and time preference*
- The number of participants expected and the age range of participants
This information will allow us to make sure your date and time are available. If so, we'll email you a link to submit payment and registration details. When your booking is finalized you will receive an event confirmation.
You may pay in full through the online form, or you can reserve your party with a fee of $80 and delay additional payments until the day of the program. At that time we can accept cash, check, or credit card for the remaining balance.