SPRING TAILSApril 9, 2017 • 11am - 4pm at Wildlife Rescue Center. Cost: Free with an item from the Baby Shower Wish List.
Reserve your time here. Spots are limited, so hurry for this wildly popular event!
Hop, waddle, and flap your way to Spring Tails at the Wildlife Rescue Center.
Learn about sharing your backyard with nature's families, meet domestic rabbits, and support the wild babies in care. Get ready for baby season 2017 at this festival-style event that runs from 11am to 4pm, on Sunday April 9th.
- Peek behind-the-scenes at the largest of a wildlife rehabilitation center in the St. Louis region
- Try your hand at crafts using garden-grown dyes and play games all about wild moms
- Take a photo with our one-of-a-kind, naturally-inspired Ambassador Cottontail
- Participate in a Natural Treasures Hunt on our trail and follow clues to amazing nature finds
- Have an up-close critter encounter with a professional pet rabbit and learn from volunteers and staff that care for orphaned and injured native wild animals
- Get the word on birds with educators from Wild Bird Rehabilitation
- Learn about proper care of ducks and chickens with the Longmeadow Rescue Ranch Barn Buddies
Bring your friends and family to a celebration of wild families!
Our mission is to provide care for injured, ill and orphaned native wild songbirds and to release them back into their natural habitat. We also provide public education regarding the humane treatment of wild songbirds and the conservation of their habitat.
Nestled among 165-acres of woodland near Union, Missouri, the Humane Society of Missouri's Longmeadow Rescue Ranch is haven for hundreds of abused and neglected horses, cows, goats, pigs, ducks and other farm animals. The ranch is one of the most comprehensive horse and farm animal care and rehabilitation centers in the country. In addition to animal care, ranch staff provide hands-on humane education experiences for both children and adults.